Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Book You MUST read! by Steve Shipley

A woman excitedly told me of a book she had read that had changed her life. She wrote down the title and author on a piece of paper for me and urged me to get it and read it. " This book is a MUST read!" , she told me repeatedly.

It was a Christian book and I'm sure it had some value to it but it struck me funny at the time. Funny how we get so excited about a man's book and are so ho-hum about God's book. I mean it's His book that is really life-changing. It's the Bible that contains the words of life. I'm not finger pointing here. My bookshelves are filled with books....good books. I think the Lord was just showing me how silly we sometimes are. If we only spent as much time reading His book as we spent chasing after bestsellers at the Christian bookstore, we would all be a lot better off.

It's time to get back to the Bible!

No comments:

Post a Comment